Kayaking

Green River Daily Run


Here we are in our matching splash guards! So married ;-)


We went with the whitewater club, as you can see we had a good turn out.


Me- loving the sun, water, and scenery




One guy in our group went off this rock, it was pretty sweet. You can do some pretty intense stuff with these things. Greg and I aren't to interested in the high intensity runs and dropping off tall objects.


Greg in his black machine


The Green river is a magnificent river. This time of year was so green... ok, relatively.






Provo River


This was a first and last. The first time my kayak went on a run on the upper provo river and ....


The last. I hit a slightly submerged rock and heard a crunch/ crack sound. I didn't think much of it because I was looking down river to the next rocks. About 15 seconds later the freezing cold water lapping and submerging my legs in my kayak was telling me I had a big crack in my boat and taking on water fast. I reluctantly pulled over to assessed the damage... not fixable. My kayak is now retired from rivers, but can still go cruise the lakes after I patch it!


Greg had a great time and his kayak came away without any holes. The worst part was hauling the them back to the road... they're way heavy! One good thing that came out of it was that the fisherman didn't have to gt mad at a couple of kayakers going over their fishin' holes!

2 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

Sorry about the hole in your head..er..I mean your kayak! That is too bad! Guess I know what you want for Greg's birthday (from Greg, of course!)

Amy White said...

What part of the Green River was that? Looks like tons of fun. We miss all Utah has to offer although we are learning about more fun outdoor things to do here.