Uinta's, Naturalist Basin Sept. '08

High Uintas
After being home for a few weeks we decided we needed a little bit of a different scenery. It was the end of September which means really cold and probably snow in the uintas but we took a chance and, well, actually had great weather and the best part was that we had the whole lake to our selves.





Of course with any good hiking trip there's lots of good fishing. We fished Jordan Lake and caught some very colorful brook trout. Greg and I even had a "daily double"







There was a really big mtn in the distance from our camp, so we decided to climb it :-) Spread Eagle Peak is about 12,000 ft high. There wasn't really a trail, but it was above tree line so we just went up. It was a fun hike with unbelievable views from the top. We could see for miles in all directions, we could even see Timp, Lone Peak, and the mountains of the wasatch. The aspen trees were a bright, intense yellow and the pines, forest green, those two combined painted the views below.

3 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

Ok, i am officially jealous! You guys have so much fun! If you ever want some tagalongs ie Ben or all of us..give us a call. We will watch you guys hike tall cliffs and cheer you on. We will even ooh and aah at your fish. Mal, you know you miss cheerleaders, don't you?

Kozlowski Family said...

Mal, I love that you have a blog!! You guys go everywhere. You two are so perfect for each other and look so happy. I don't know that I could hold that many fish-but the more the merrier. Let me know when your ready to play ball again!

shannon said...

You all are crazy!! Stacy pointed me your direction, and I'm excited to follow all your adventures. I'm getting pressure to start a blog, so I may just have to.
After seeing the Jordan, you're definitely going to have to kayak the Potomac. I'll look into it further for you :)