Green River Nov '08

Green River for MOM's b-day!!!



So all my mom wanted for her b-day was a trip to the green river, below flamming gorge. We hadn't been out there all year and the weekend was going to be nice so we jumped in the car and headed out for a quick 1 day fishing trip. This is the crew... Addie, Gunner, Dad, Trav, and my mom and I aren't in the pic.



It turned out to be an absolutely amazing day. The first week of Nov and we were in tee-shirts. The fishing trio: me, Gun-man, and Trav.



I will admit that it was one of my best fishing days of my life. After about 5 years of kinda fishing, being there more for the scenery, the solitude, and the pure joy of beign there, I have finally accepted the challenge of it and fished hard all day long. It's mentally exhusting and I had never done it before, but I had fun and the results were...well...big ;-)






We landed a daily triple with Gunner catching the first, me right after, then Travis went to bring in his line to take a picture and found a rainbow on the end of it! Luckly we had our professional photographer there(Mom) to grab the pic.






We finally left the river just before dark. We celebrated mom's b-day with a match in a sloppy joe, not to creative but it's all we had :-) It was a fantastic end to a great day.

No comments: