Catch up... October and December


Here's a little catch up with a couple other things that have been going this fall and winter.



My little brother gave us a list of things to do for his birthday. 1. duck hunting in the morning 2. long boarding in the afternoon 3. big party at night with everyone. Well, for some reason we made everything happen and had a great day!








Gunner and Sarah riding the Provo river walkway


The best was his duck hunting cake my mom made for him. It reminded me of the cakes I used to get when I was little, but mine didn't consist of a guy with a gun.


Greg and I were able to get out and bike a lot after we got back from Ecuador. My favorite time is fall when all the leaves are changing. We went with Travis and Liz on one of my favorite trails... Wasatch Crest. Beautiful day and amazing views made for a great ride.






Back Country Skiing

You heard right...Tis' is the season for the white stuff to fall out of the sky. Greg was so excited for this year of skiing. He started by heading out on Thanksgiving morning with his buddies and hasn't stopped. With the snow pack and the good conditions we've been able to go to a lot of really fun places to ski. When I say we... I decided to get into the sport as well. Personally I can't believe how much ski resorts charge, plus I like to get out and get away from the crowds so back country sounded wonderful to me! Therefore, Greg and I have skied a ton this year. I finally called it quits about 3 weeks ago, started getting to big and to nervous about hurting the baby some how, but had a wonderful first year of BC skiing.


This day we had to be back in the afternoon, so we got the canyon by 6 am and back by 11 am.
It was a freezing morning, but hiking up keeps you warm and after about 30 min of skinning we were taking our coats off. One of our favorite parts is skiing back to the car. This is the best of two worlds here, you get to hike in the winter, but there is no pounding on the way down and it takes maybe 30 minutes to ski down something that took 4 hours to climb up. Love it!


Went to some amazing places in Dec. The snow conditions were always good which makes for some fun skiing.


Greg skiing down Tom's Hill up Mill D


Breaking trail, we're headed up Cardiff.


Greg working on his turns coming down Pink Pine


Trav and Liz invited us to go to Snowbird. We had a great time. It's a fun resort with lots of good terrain and great to finally see them snowboard! They tear it up.


Coming down a slope at Snowbird.


Lots of fresh powder this morning up White Pine.






Me coming down through the trees. That's the funnest and most sketchy part of skiing.




Glad I wasn't under the outhouse when the roof came down! SOOO much snow up there and that's in Dec.


This was a way fun ski tour. We started up Butlers Fork canyon, up to the ridge and followed it to the top of Reynolds peak, then skied down Mill D and hitch hiked down to the car. It was a long tour, but a fun area we'd never been too.


Greg on the ridge laced with cornices.


Making our way to the top of the peak!


Went up Red Pine, to another area we'd never been to. The clouds were amazing that day and then suddenly they disappeared and we had blue skies. My favorite kind of skiing is with the sun out! Makes it 10-15 degrees warmer and with that get to work on my tan! haha not really, but I still dream.


Looking down the canyon


Me making my way down the hill in 8 inches of powder. We found some great area's to ski down that had tree coverage, but they weren't very dense which made for great snow and a great picture.


K, so don't laugh, well I guess you can ;-) I definitely do every time. It took a while to get up too, the powder was pretty deep which makes being vertical more difficult and energy consuming then skiing.

2 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

thanks for the laugh! You guys rock the fun world, for sure!

Nancy said...

I don't have your phone number so I didn't text you. We are having a BOY! I think our kids will have to play basketball together.