"Trip of a Life Time"

Greg and I just returned from what both of us describe as a trip of a life time. We were able to spend two weeks this summer up in Alaska exploring areas where few people have been. We looked at bears face to face, watched the Dall sheep climb the vertical cliffs of glaciated mountains, saw countless caribou and moose grazing the fields, wolves roam, and huge salmon running the rivers. The amount of magnificent scenery we saw was enough to fill a life time... and we backpacked through it. River crossings, high tundra passes, boulder fields, scree slopes, and sharp, over grown brush(very annoying to go through!). It was an experience we will never forget and will always be willing to share :-)

I am going to post this trip a little bit different then I have in the past. I will be breaking it up into 3 parts. We explored three areas of Alaska, the first was the Kenai Peninsula, second was Wrangell-St. Elias Nat. Park, and the third was Denali Nat. Park. So stay tuned and enjoy a trip into the back country of Alaska!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

Did you just say "glaciated mountains" impressive language girl! Can't wait to finally hear details..I am so glad you blog so I know what you do with your life :)

Karin said...

It looks beautiful. We'll stay tuned for more updates.

Travis & Liz said...

You guys remind me of the book In To The Wild except for the fact that you made it back out. I am still so jealous. I cant beleive I missed this trip...Boooo

Anonymous said...

So glad you've filled us in on your amazing trip of a lifetime! We can't believe you could get around with just a map--no GPS, no trail. Glad you made it back :) Looks absolutely amazing. I just love the pic with the tent with mtns. all around. Next time i go to your house, I want to see that one framed on your wall!